The HPTLC PRO Module DERIVATIZATION is part of the CAMAG® HPTLC PRO SYSTEM – the first fully automated HPTLC system worldwide.
The HPTLC PRO Module DERIVATIZATION is designed for the fully automatic derivatization of HPTLC glass plates (20 x 10 cm) and combines two steps – high-precision spraying of derivatization reagents and heating of the plate – in a single device. Employing the patented micro-droplet spraying technology, the Module DERIVATIZATION enables maximum homogeneity in applying derivatization reagents. The integrated plate heating unit ensures a uniform heat distribution across the plate.
To suit the viscosity of the spraying reagents, three different nozzles are available. Spraying at slightly reduced pressure further improves the spraying process. Equipped with a fully automated nozzle changer and cleaning station, the Module DERIVATIZATION effectively avoids cross-contamination.
- Part of the fully automated HPTLC PRO SYSTEM
- Nozzle changer for three different nozzles and a cleaning station
- Integrated plate heating unit
- Handling of two different reagents
- HPTLC glass plates (20 x 10 cm)
- Software-controlled by visionCATS
- Spraying and heating in a single device
- Maximum homogeneity in reagent and heat distribution
- Highest user safety through automation and fume hood connection
- Optimal cleaning procedure between nozzle changes
- Low reagent consumption (3 mL)
Classification of installation and use
Class I, installation category II, protection class IPX0, Pollution degree 1
Nitrogen or clean air pressure
5 – 8 bar (73 – 116 psi)
15 – 30 °C
Recommended working temperature
20 – 25 °C
Maximum relative humidity 80 % for temperatures up to 30 °C (Humidity and temperature conditions must not cause condensation!)
HPTLC Plates 20 x 10 cm, layer thickness 200 µm
100 - 240VAC; 50 / 60Hz
Fluctuations ±10 % of the nominal voltage
Overvoltage category II
4.0 AT, 250 VAC
Max. supply current from power outlet
Dimensions (W x D x H):
384 x 550 x 510 mm
~ 35 kg
CAMAG® HPTLC PRO Module DERIVATIZATION
For the fully automated micro-droplet spraying of derivatization reagents onto developed HPTLC plates (20 x 10 cm) and the subsequent heating of the plate up to 140°C to complete the derivatization reaction. Three different nozzles with different spraying properties are used depending on the derivatization reagents. The module is equipped with a nozzle changer and a fully automated nozzle cleaning station.