Release Number: 3.0.20196.1
Release Date: 15/07/2020
For more information or support, please email us at email@example.com
This document contains the release notes for visionCATS version 3.0. The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
Installation and Upgrade Notes
See the installation instructions for full details.
IMPORTANT: You must completely uninstall any previous "developer release" or "early access" version of this product before installing this release.
This release consists of the following items:
- Release notes
- Instrument Firmware
- visionCATS installer
- Example Files and Template Files (you may import them after installation)
- 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) Intel Core i5 (i5-3xxx) or equivalent
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows 10 Pro (or Enterprise) 64-bit
- True color 32bits, Full HD (or higher) monitor resolution with a Windows Aero theme enabled
- 1 TB Hard Drive (frequent user)
- Gigabit Ethernet or more
- Mouse with a scroll wheel and 3 buttons
- 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) Intel Core i3 (i3-3xxx) or equivalent
- Nvidia GeForce GT 750M or Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- True color 32bits, 1280 x 1024 monitor resolution with a Windows Aero theme enabled
- 500 GB Hard Drive (occasional user)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Mouse or touchpad with 2 buttons
Supported operating systems
- Windows 10 Pro (or Enterprise) 64-bit
- Windows Server 2019 (visionCATS server only)
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (visionCATS server only)
What's new in visionCATS 3.0?
- Full support of HPTLC PRO Module APPLICATION and HPTLC PRO Module DEVELOPMENT, organized and administrated in HPTLC PRO SYSTEM
- New material-based design language, including a new menu, a new docking system and high DPI support
- Revamped global lists editor
- Remarks and report tabs support in method files
- In progress items selection in Explorer window
Notes concerning patch 3.0.20196.1 (following first RTM 3.0.20154.1)
- Correction of the additional non-necessary system log entry when exporting to a comparison
- In some very specific situations (multiple ATS 4 applications being removed and several changes in the track assignment table), the ATS 4 could apply 2 times the same track
- Crash when scrolling in evaluation's definition track assignment table (when many tracks/overspots are defined)
- Corrected display of contrast in TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 image reporting part (digits)
- Crash when closing an analysis having an evaluation while the Allow Complete Deletion is deactivated
- Inclusion of Instrument Firmware part in DVD
Known Problems and Workarounds
ISSUE: The "Export entier log" functionality is not available anymore in method, analysis and comparison's log tab.
REASON: In visionCATS 2.5, the export of the HPTLC log has been integrated into the reports. As a result, visionCATS methods don't have the functionality anymore because no report is generated for methods.
WORKAROUND: For analysis and comparisons, go to the report tab, use a report template where the loading of the log data is enabled, and check the log option.
ISSUE: After reinstalling with different server and instrument service ports, no instrument service are available.
WORKAROUND: Restart the service visionCATS Server.
ISSUE: The camera is not recognized anymore after the PC was in sleep or hibernate mode.
WORKAROUND: Some USB3 controllers have some issues with the camera, like the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. Restart the machine to resolve the problem, and disable sleep mode to prevent the problem from occurring again.
ISSUE: Blue screen when capture image with TLC Visualizer on a Windows 10
WORKAROUND: Go to Power Options/Choose what the power button does/Change settings that are currently available/Shutdown settings and disable the option “Turn on fast startup”
ISSUE: A click on the OK button of the message box appearing when an error occurs during a step execution, while the instrument is already executing a step of another analysis, causes an error to occur in the step currently in progress.
WORKAROUND: When the error message appears, click on the OK button before starting the execution of the other step.
ISSUE: The import of winCATS methods won't import steps of instruments not supported in visionCATS, and some winCATS specific parameters will be ignored
REASON: winCATS and visionCATS don't exactly support the same set of instruments, and for each instrument, the exact same set of parameters
WORKAROUND: After having imported some winCATS methods, visionCATS will inform the user when some steps are ignored. In all cases, please review the imported methods.
ISSUE: After changing of the TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2, a TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 cannot be executed in an analysis already having images
REASON: Only one TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 can be used in an analysis
WORKAROUND: Redo the analysis
ISSUE: After changing of the camera for a TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2, an already opened analysis with a TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 step waiting for execution, or TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 Manual control or OQ may behave strangely (using the old camera, bad image corrections...)
WORKAROUND: Before changing of a camera, close all analyses with the next step as TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 and Visualizer views
ISSUE: After changing of the camera for a TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2, the Visualizer icon in the toolbox isn't marked as having a bad Diagnostic
WORKAROUND: Restart the client
ISSUE: While using two TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 on a single PC, one or both cameras aren't detected, or the camera of one TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 seems to be connected to the other.
WORKAROUND: We strongly suggest to use only one TLC Visualizer/TLC Visualizer 2 per InstrumentService (PC)
ISSUE: No image appears in Data or in Comparison after the initial installation of visionCATS on the PC
WORKAROUND: Restart Windows
ISSUE: Track Assignment doesn't allow to drag & drop a multi-selection
WORKAROUND: Before clicking for drag and during the drag, hold SHIFT key for dragging a multi-selection
ISSUE: Application crashes after clicking on an image or opening a comparison
WORKAROUND: Update your graphic driver to the latest version
ISSUE: After installation, no visionCATS is installed. Also, the SQLServer service may not want to start.
WORKAROUND: Change the name of the user which installs the application, so that the username is different from PC and domain name
ISSUE: Instruments aren't responding correctly
WORKAROUND: Check if you have an Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL COM port on your machine, and disable the corresponding COM port in visionCATS/General Settings
ISSUE: When using offline help, the display of some pages is very slow
REASON: the page requests an online resource that is not accessible, causing the slow down
WORKAROUND: Use the online help when possible. If not possible, try using Chrome or Firefox (instead of Internet Explorer), where the slow down occurs less often.
ISSUE: visionCATS fails in Scanner/Scanner 3 Diagnostics if the Positioning-Test is started in the same session.
REASON: Scanner data of the new test can not be stored for later processing. This does not invalidate the test results of the previous run.
WORKAROUND: Close the current Scanner Instrument Tab and reopen it. Attention: just switching between the Tabs inside the Instrument Tab will not prevent the failure. You need to close the Instrument Tab.
ISSUE: When installing visionCATS's client on machines with Windows of different language (different code page), or restoring a backup on a machine with Windows of another language (code page), all passwords are corrupeted.
REASON: Passwords are encrypted using the code page of the local machine (client).
WORKAROUND: All visionCATS machines of a system (clients and server) should have the same Windows code page.
ISSUE: When installing visionCATS's server on a machine with name including diacritic (like è or ó), the ports will always be marked as used, blocking the installation.
REASON: Depending on the query, Windows will use the host name with or without diacritic, creating mismatch which result in errors.
WORKAROUND: Don't use diacritic in host name (other international characters should work)
ISSUE: When installing visionCATS's server on a machine with Region settings "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" enabled, SQL Server will fail to install.
REASON: Microsoft SQL Server don't support codepage 65001 (UTF-8).
WORKAROUND: Uncheck "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support".