The HPTLC Vario System is designed for the efficient optimization of developing conditions for chromatography on HPTLC plates. Development with six different solvent systems can be tested and a sandwich as well as tank configuration can be simulated side by side, making results directly comparable. Another option is to test with the same developing solvent up to six different solvents for preconditioning or activation of the silica gel (adjusting to different relative humidities).
- Development with six different developing solvents can be tested side by side
- Sandwich as well as tank configuration can be simulated
- Six different conditions of precondition can be tested simultaneously
- Effect of six different relative humidities can be tested simultaneously
Time saving method development and optimization of separation conditions using the HPTLC Vario System
Examples of application
S1-S6 = developing solvents
C1-C6 = solvents for precondition or activation of the silica gel at different related humidities
1) Optimization of the developing solvent without preconditioning (sandwich configuration)
Development with six different developing solvents (S1-S6) side by side, without preconditioning.
2) Optimization of the developing solvent with preconditioning (tank configuration)
Development with six different developing solvents (S1-S6) side by side and with the condition troughs containing the same six solvents (C1-C6).
3) Optimization of the developing solvent after uniform layer preconditioning (sandwich configuration)
Preconditioning or activation to a certain relative humidity of all tracks with the same solvent (C1) and development with six different developing solvents (S1-S6).
4) Optimization of preconditioning
Preconditioning or activation to different relative humidities with six different solvents (C1-C6) and development of all tracks with the same developing solvent (S1).
CAMAG® HPTLC Vario System, complete
Scoring blades for Scoring Unit, pack of 10