Release Number: 2.0.15169.1 (2.0 SP2)
Release Date: 06/07/2015
Customer Support: For more information or support, please visit our website or email us at email@example.com
This document contains the release notes for visionCATS version 2.0 SP2. The following sections describe the release in detail and provide late-breaking or other information that supplements the main documentation.
Installation and Upgrade Notes
See the installation instructions for full details.
IMPORTANT: You must completely uninstall any previous "developer release" or "early access" version of this product before installing this release.
This release consists of the following items:
Release notes (this file)
Example Files (you may import them after installation)
Minimum System Requirements
System Memory: 4000MB
Free Disk Space: 100GB
Operating System: Windows 7
Networking: Internet access
What's new in visionCATS 2.0?
- Integration of the TLC Scanner 3 and TLC Scanner 4 instruments
- Support of multiple quantitative evaluations with the scanner instrument
- Support of multiple image based evaluations with the visualizer
- 21CFR11 compliance
- Import of winCATS data in a viewing mode
- Support of multiple application steps
- Possibility to define report templates
- Supports electronic signatures
- SST extended to scanner data
- Online help
What's new in visionCATS 2.0 SP2?
- Corrected backup to include scans, wincats analysis and method collection entries, and corrected rights issue with backup to folder
- Corrected report generation when evaluation’s smoothing, baseline or peak detection is disabled
- Included area information in export peak, and removed condition to have the "Data Export" option in order to perform an export
- Display a correct message when importing a corrupted license key
- Scanner OQ Monochromator test: Text Bandwith -> Bandwidth; New calculation for 20nm Bandwidth
- Linomat 5 no longer skips tracks
- Correction in 1.3-1.4 migration
- Scanner OQ crash when scanner OQ completed, or when positioning test is started a 2nd time
- winCATS import: corrected several bugs
- Data view: Corrected an error when track sequencer goes outside of the image
Known Problems and Workarounds
Defect: winCATS import will remove any DigiStore, Reportstar or spectrum steps, without any error messages
Reason: DigiStore and Reportstar aren't supported by visionCATS, and version 2.0 also doesn't have spectrum support
Workaround: For documentation steps, add a Visualizer, for methods with spectrum, import them in visionCATS 2.1
Defect: The display in visionCATS of the version of the scanner firmware is incorrect
Reason: there is a conversion problem between hex and dec coding. 1.14.30 corresponds to 1.20.48
Defect: After changing of Visualizer, a Visualizer cannot be executed in an analysis having already images
Reason: Only one Visualizer can be used in an analysis
Workaround: Redo the analysis
Defect: After changing of camera for a Visualizer, already opened analysis with Visualizer step waiting for execution, or Visualizer Manual control or OQ may behave strangely (using old camera, bad image corrections...)
Workaround: Before changing of camera, close all analysis with next step as Visualizer and Visualizer view
Defect: After changing of camera for a Visualizer, Visualizer in toolbox isn't marked as having a bad Diagnostic
Workaround: Restart the client
Defect: While using two visualizers on a single PC, one or both camera aren't detected, or the camera of one visualizer seems to be connected to the other.
Workaround: We strongly suggest using only one Visualizer per Instrument Service
Defect: No image appears in Data or in Comparison after installing for the first time visionCATS on the machine
Workaround: Restart Windows
Defect: Sequence table don't allow to drag and drop a multi-selection
Workaround: Before clicking for drag and during the drag, hold SHIFT key for dragging a multi-selection
Defect: Applications crashes after clicking on an image or opening a comparison
Workaround: Update your graphic driver to the latest version
Defect: After installation, no visionCATS is installed. Also, the SQLServer service may not want to start.
Workaround: Change the name of the user which install the application, username should be different from machine and domain name
Defect: Instrument aren't responding correctly
Workaround: Check if you have an Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL COM port on your machine, and disable the corresponding COM port in visionCATS/General Settings
Defect: visionCATS display "Out of memory" with only around 1.2GB of 4GB memory used by visionCATS, on a 32bits system
Workaround: increase the applications memory space with 'bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072' command, and restart Windows
Defect: An error occur while importing a visionCATS 2.0 analysis with evaluation
Reason: The evaluation improvement of SP1 has changed some data type, migration is only done on system update, not on import
Workaround: export again the analysis from a visionCATS 2.0 SP1 system
Defect: visionCATS fails in Scanner/Scanner3 Diagnostics if the Positioning-Test is started in the same session.
Reason: Scanner data of the new test cannot be stored for later processing. This does not invalidate the test results of the previous run.
Workaround: Close the current Scanner Instrument Tab and reopen it. Attention: just switching between the Tabs inside the Instrument Tab will not prevent from the failure. You need to close the Instrument Tab.