CAMAG smartALERT for dependable monitoring of TLC/HPTLC plate development in a glass development chamber.
The «classical» way of developing a chromatogram in TLC and HPTLC is to place the plate in a chamber containing developing solvent. Driven by capillary action the developing solvent moves up the layer until the desired developing distance is reached. With the aid of a stop watch or a timer the chromatographer estimates when the development process is about to finish.
But this may happen: Focusing on other work while the TLC development is in progress, the lab technician forgets to look at the watch. As a result chromatography is stopped too late; the solvent moved up too far, the analysis is ruined and needs to be repeated.
With smartALERT the chromatographer does not 'forget' the TLC plate in the developing chamber anymore:
- The desired developing distance is set by the user.
- A light beam and a sensor monitors the selected distance.
- As soon as the front has reached this position, visual and acoustic signals alert the operator.
- guarantees that the developing distance will always be accurate and according to the method.
- gives acoustic and visual notice when the mobile phase has reached the desired developing distance.
- replaces the timer or the stop watch.
- lets you concentrate on other lab work.
- is an intelligent and dependable assistant; yet very easy to operate with just one button.
- works with tanks and for glass plates; sizes 20 x 20 cm, 20 x 10 cm, 10 x 10 cm.
- saves costs because the development is always 'done right'; no waste because of 'over-developed' plates.
- allows several developments with several smartALERTs at the same time; four different alarm sounds can be selected.
- runs on batteries: up to 1000 developments.